More About Us
Read Our State magazine featuring Dennis Quaintance & Nancy King Quaintance:
"Mister & Miz of the Hospitality Biz" featuring a romantic history of Dennis and Nancy and how our hotels and restaurants got here. (June 2014 issue of Our State magazine). Article by Jerry Rowe | Photography by Jerry Wolford. Read it here.
Green Valley Grill is locally owned by Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels and run passionately by Dennis and Nancy King Quaintance and their team. At Green Valley Grill, we believe that if we all focus first and foremost on taking great care of our guests – and colleagues – the natural by-product will be happy guests, thriving staff members, and satisfied shareholders. Of course, a big part of taking care of our guests is providing exceptional dining experiences.
Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels got its start in April of 1988, when Dennis and Nancy partnered with their good friend Mike Weaver. "Our working relationship came to be because we are good friends and wanted to be in business together, but also because we share the belief that being of genuine service to our guests, fellow staff members, shareholders, and the Earth and her people results in a successful company."
Our first restaurant in Greensboro – Lucky 32 – opened its doors in 1989. We then opened the O.Henry Hotel and Green Valley Grill in 1998, the Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen in Cary in 2002, and the Proximity Hotel and Print Works Bistro in 2007. Whatever great adventures are ahead, taking great care of our guests and colleagues will always remain our top priorities.
Take a Design Tour of Green Valley Grill.
Dennis and Mike are partners; Dennis plays point with the operations of Quaintance-Weaver and Mike contributes in all matters. Mike is also the Chairman of Weaver Investment Company and does a lot of volunteer work. The company has evolved over the years to become Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels. The family of businesses include Lucky 32 Restaurants, O.Henry Hotel, Print Works Bistro, and Proximity Hotel.
Keep up with us via our Neighorhood Newsletter from Dennis and Nancy King Quaintance, mailed twice each year. Sign up to receive it.
See recent copies online: Summer 2015, Summer 2014 | Fall 2013 | Summer 2013 | Fall 2012 | Holiday 2011 | Fall 2010 | Fall 2009 | Fall 2008 | Summer 2008 | Fall 2007 | Summer 2007 | Autumn 2006 | Autumn 2005 | Autumn 2004 | Spring 2004 | Winter 2004 | Autumn 2003 | Summer 2003 | Winter 2003 | Autumn 2002 | Spring 2002 | Winter 2002 | Early Autumn 2001 | Late Spring 2001 | Spring 2001 | Winter 2001 | Autumn 2000 | Early Summer 2000 | Autumn 1999 | Spring 1999 | Summer 1998 | Winter 1997
To be of genuine service to our Guests, Fellow Staff Members, Shareholders, and the Earth & Her People.
- Provide our guests with the highest quality food and drink at a good value.
- Ensure that each guest receives prompt, friendly, attentive service by a well-trained service staff in a clean, comfortable restaurant (pleasant acoustics, lighting, temperature and aroma).
- Offer an outstanding menu plus an impressive selection of specials.
- Provide employment that is rewarding and offers education and opportunity in a fair, diverse and inclusive environment.
- Generate profits that: a) justify the investment, b) afford compensation to those who contribute, and c) allow the company to grow.
- Consider sustainable practices, in our social & physical worlds, with all of our decisions. (See our Sustainable Practices Initiative & Fairness Doctrine.)
Quaintance-Weaver Restaurants & Hotels
324 West Wendover Avenue, Suite 320
Greensboro, NC 27408